Different businesses require different types of websites and there is no need to buy a Farrie hood for a holden commodore, you'll just be wasting your money and it won't suit your needs. If you have a clear idea of your website requirements, then you can get a more accurate quote from us.
Don't Know Where To Start?
What do you want your website to do for your business? This is the first question you should ask yourself and for the most part a client's response is...
I really just want a web presence showing what our business does and can do. It must have a contact form... Oh, and placed on the first page of Google!
If this describes your business, then you will be wanting what we call "A Base Build".
What do you get in a Base Build?
- 5 to 10 pages of information (you can have as many pages as you want but usually 5 or 6 is enough to represent most small businesses. Page examples: Home, About Us, Services, Clients, Contact Us, etc.) NOTE: Higher content sites will increase the base build price.
- All pages populated with images and copy (to be supplied by client)
- Home Page feature banner (a feature banner can be static or include motion such as sliding or fading, either way a feature banner will summerise the key points of your business)
- A Blog/News Updates style layout page (if required)
- Social Bookmarkers & Like/follow buttons (if required)
- A simple contact form (e.g. name, email, subject & message, or something similar)
- The site is built on a pre-selected design template selected by the client & designer then the company logo, colours & images are added to give your site an original look.
- This site will be setup so it is possible for you the client to fully maintain or edit if you wish (support packages are also available)
- Responsive layout for mobile & tablet devices
- Google Analytic integration (require Google or Gmail account)
- Content editing (possible changes to web copy for better SEO & web use)
- Website coordination (creating a structure for the optimal layout)
- Client liaison
- Domain & hosting setup
What goes on behind the scenes of a Base Build?
- Designer & client consultation via email or phone, or if you're located in Townsville, feel free to pop around for a face to face meeting during site development & pre-development
- Testing site for cross browser compatibility (All popular** browsers & versions Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, iPad & iPhone*)
- Testing site in different screen resolutions (HD screens to mobile devices)
- Testing site on different operating systems (Mac, PC, iPod & iPhone*)
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- We have a 50 step checklist to make sure your site is built to the best possible standard
** D.P. Web Design develops for popular browsers & mobile devices. You can view statistics here:
- Browser Stats - http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
- Screen Resolutions - http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp
- Mobile Stats - http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_mobile.asp
Advanced Websites or Specialised Features
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have requirements that exceed the standard presentation website?
- Do you require more functionality from your website to to keep your growing business running smoothly?
- Do you need specialised programming for your site that is unique to your business needs?
Enough with the questions! It sounds like you need to talk to an experienced web developer to find a solution, and it sounds like you need an advanced website created so read on...